Books

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
"Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life." --Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Booking Through Thursday

Here’s something for Valentine’s Day.

Have you ever fallen out of love with a favorite author? Was the last book you read by the author so bad, you broke up with them and haven’t read their work since? Could they ever lure you back?


I have never fallen out of love per se, but I have moved on. I will go through phases where I will read as many books of a particular genre or author as I possibly can, then I grow tired of it and move on.
In middle school, my aunt gave me a paper bag full of Harlequin romances, shortly after high school it was Danielle Steele, then I went on a mythology kick. I can't do Harlequin's or Danielle Steele anymore. They were nice fodder for a silly pre-teen/teenager, but I still love mythology, especially of the Greek and Roman variety.
I used to love Sidney Sheldon, but he lost me with a book where he got a bit predictable and preachy. I'm amazed by his body of work, not just books, but TV, plays, etc, that I could easily be lured back. His autobiography is one the books I have checked out from the library to read.
More than an author is a genre. I cannot read biographies/autobiographies. I'm going to try Sidney Sheldon's because I heard it read like a novel, but these are the books I had to force myself to read in school. I don't know why, I just can't stomach them.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeane said...

I'm the opposite of you. I can't read romances, but I am beginning to really enjoy memoirs.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home