Books

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
"Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life." --Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Friday, February 01, 2008

Angela over at The Crime Sistahs got an idea from the movie The Bucket List to make a Book Bucket List and I thought this was a brilliant idea. I have a huge list of TBR books, but I'm not including those here. I'm only listing books that I think I would be remiss if I didn't read before I kick the bucket, not just because Becky Blogger gave it a good review. Books that have had an impact on literature and/or society and I believe would have an impact on my life. So here's my partial list:

Love in the Time of Cholera
Native Son
The Secret
Eat, Pray, Love
1984 I started this once, put it down and never finished it
Gone With the Wind I just checked this out of the library last week so I will be able to mark this one off soon
Invisible Man
Beloved
Anna Karenina
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
The Handmade's Tale
Uncle Tom's Cabin I just swiped this from my sister's bookshelf, so soon
Go Tell it on the Mountain
Absalom, Absalom!
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
The Satanic Verses
Dracula

I know there's more, but I'm at work and those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeane said...

You've got a lot of good books there! I've read half of them and the only one I would say doesn't stand up to being "life-changing" is maybe Go Tell it on the Mountain. At least, it wasn't for me.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

You have a lot of wonderful books on you list! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great weekend.

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home