Books

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
"Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life." --Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Booking Through Thursday

But, Enough About Books

Okay, even I can’t read ALL the time, so I’m guessing that you folks might voluntarily shut the covers from time to time as well… What else do you do with your leisure to pass the time? Walk the dog? Knit? Run marathons? Construct grandfather clocks? Collect eggshells?


This is a joke, right? I am a freshly single mom to 5, count 'em, 5 kids, ages 11,
5, 3, 2 and 6 months, it's a wonder I have time to read! I am teaching myself how to crochet, but only at work. I like to craft, but my 2 years like to use the scissors to cut (so far in addition to paper he's cut my tablecloth, a shirt, my desk cover, his hair and the baby's hair) and the markers and pens to write on the walls (and the toilet seat!!), so the craft supplies have been retired for now. When I get home from work, I'm checking homework, changing diapers (the 2 year knows how to use the potty; however, he prefers my floor) chasing kids (the 2 year is a bit hyper-notice a trend here with my 2 year old?), fixing dinner, cleaning house and barely hanging onto my sanity. When the kids fall asleep, I read for an hour or so before I fall asleep usually with book in hand. One day I dream of having "leisure time" again. But not now.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness five kids! I had three and I think I napped every moment of spare time until the youngest was ten! That was how tired I was all the time! Leisure? Ha!
You mentioned hanging on to your sanity. In my opinion with small children that is a luxury! :)
You hang in there!
Jaimie

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home