Books

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
"Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life." --Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Booking Through Thursday

1. How did you come across your favorite author(s)? Recommended by a friend? Stumbled across at a bookstore? A book given to you as a gift?
My sister told me about James Patterson. She knows what kind of books I'm interested in and I get a lot of recommendations from her.
I've gotten a couple (Janet Evanovich and Sue Grafton) from TV interviews. They were were interesting and witty and I thought I would love to see how similar there writing style is to their personality. I was not disappointed.
I get other recommendations from the library. I want to work for a library when I grow up, those people are so full of book wisdom. When I want to break out of a slump, or while waiting for a favorite author to publish something new, I'll go to the library and tell the librarian who I normally read and always walk away with a list of new authors to try. And the books are free, so nothing money is lost if I hate it.

2. Was it love at first sight? Or did the love affair evolve over a long acquaintance?
It was love at first "read" with all of them. If I read someone new and don't like it, I very rarely will go back to them.



I'm always looking for new favorites. I reached my goal of 100 books last year (not so easy with 5 kids!), but I would be hard pressed to list 10 excellent books. I could tell you some of my favorites, but to name 10 extraordinary books? I don't know. So tell me about your favorite books and why. I want to add to my all-time favorite books list this year.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I've discovered so many great authors through friends and family!

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck! Libraries are a great place to work!

7:46 AM  
Blogger Chrisbookarama said...

Congrats on reaching that goal! Impressive. Thanks for the blog visit.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

I tend to go to the library for "new authors to me" first when I come across books on shelf. This way, as you said, no money lost if I end up hating it :)

I see that we have similiar taste with Janet Evanovich *grin*

Happy BTTs - I hope you've a good days/weekend!

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home