Books

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
"Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life." --Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Booking Through Thursday
Today’s question is suggested by Mae.

“I couldn’t sleep a wink, so I just read and read, day and night … it was there I began to divide books into day books and night books,” she went on. “Really, there are books meant for daytime reading and books that can be read only at night.”
- ‘The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera, p. 103.


Do you divide your books into day and night reads? How do you decide?


At first I thought,"What a crazy question!" I just take to bed whatever book I'm reading. I don't pick out anything special just for bed. Then I realized that I do just that. I do divide my books into day & night. Here's how:
If I'm reading one of my light, cozy mysteries, I'll read it whenever, day or night. If it's one of my favorites such as Janet Evanovich, I don't take it to bed unless I plan on reading for awhile. She's hard to put down since I'm always eager to see what zany, over-the-top antics the girl's will get into next. If I need to sleep, no favorites! That's when I'll grab a self-help, craft, organizing or decorating type book that I just scan through.
I don't have a genre that is strictly night time reading, but since I'm divorced & the only adult in the house, I will not read James Patterson or suspence type mysteries before bed. Getting inside the mind of psycho's-even fictional one's-freak me out at night. Yeah, I'm a scaredy cat.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home