Books

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
"Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life." --Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Booking Through Thursday

Do you use any of the online book-cataloguing sites, like Library Thing or Shelfari? Why or why not? (Or . . . do you have absolutely no idea what I’m talking to?? (grin))

If not an online catalog, do you use any other method to catalog your book collection? Excel spreadsheets, index cards, a notebook, anything?

Interesting enough I just read an article of a man who has a specific ritual for logging in books when he receives them.
I don't use any way of cataloguing my books, online or off. I don't do it because I have too many books. I don't have time to sit and write or type it all up. If I go to the Free Store I could bring in 10 books at one time. The thrift store easily nets 5-6 books. I'm just not disciplined enough to log in so many books each time. I've tried just writing in a notebook, but I'll do it for a couple of months, then fall behind and then it's too much going through and trying to catch up, so I gave up.
I do log the books I've read. I have a composition book that I write the name, author and a few sentences about what I thought of the book. I read so much that I have trouble remembering which James Patterson I read. I just got a Diane Mott Davidson book from the library without checking my list and realized I've read it before. Since it's only a couple of books a week it's much easier to keep up this list.
I also keep a TBR list in my planner so that when I go to the library I can look it up.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home