Books

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
"Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life." --Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Thursday, April 26, 2007


Booking Through Thursday


  1. Does what you read vary by the season? For instance, Do you read different kinds of books in the summer than the winter? Reply here

  2. If so, do you break it down by genre, length of book, or...?
    What I read depends on the seasons of my life. Last week was a hard week, so I put down the heavy book I was reading and read Full Blast by Janet Evanovich, just to relax and loosen up. I like to read light mysteries and chick lit when I'm feeling stressed and just want to not think or get too caught up in a difficult storyline. this is also when I read my organizing type books.
    A couple of weeks ago I was feeling very spiritual, so I read The Power of a Praying Nation by Stormie Omartian and Never Alone by Fr. Grizone (I think I misspelled his last name).
    I am kid free right now, so I can afford to block out the noise around me and get wrapped up in a good story so I'm reading The Last Templar by Raymond Khoury. I leave the more involved mysteries or can't put down thrillers for when my kids aren't home and I can really get into the book.
    I carry classics in my bag to read on the bus, while waiting at the doctor, etc. It forces me to read them a bit at a time because I want to read them slowly and more carefully so I can appreciate why they are considered classics.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger alisonwonderland said...

very thought-filled analysis of your reading habits! i like the idea of carrying a classic around - i tend to avoid classics because they often aren't "gripping", which is the stress-relieving kind of reading i do most often, but a little at a time would probably work out well!

8:10 AM  
Blogger alisonwonderland said...

p.s. do you mind if i put a link to you on my book blog?

8:14 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

See how books change when the mood strike? Sound like you has one of those *grin*. I too would read a book and then decided to switch it to another, if the books happen to be a very thick books. I did this with Diana Gabaldon and Vince Flynn books. Both are heavy books

Happy BTT - Have a good day! Here is Mine!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

I love your answer! Sounds like you know yourself and your habits well.

Thanks for swinging by my blog :-)

9:44 AM  
Blogger Melody said...

Hi Ebony, thanks for stopping by! And I agree with Julia about those moods stuff, hehe. Happy BTT!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Literary Feline said...

I also really liked your answer, Ebony. Very thoughtful! I like the way you approached the topic--the seasons of life. So true!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home