Books

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
"Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life." --Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Booking Through Thursday

'Fess Up

Okay, there must be something you read that's a guilty pleasure . . . a Harlequin romance stashed under the mattress. A cheesy sci-fi book tucked in the back of the freezer. A celebrity biography, a phoned-in Western . . . something that you'd really rather not be spotted reading. Even just a novel if you're a die-hard non-fiction fan. Come on, confess. We won't hold it against you!

I don't have a problem displaying any books I read. Reading is reading is reading and I read everything from biographies, classics, current best sellers, chick lit to the Fabio covered smut books. Sometimes I read to gain knowledge, sometimes it's to get caught up in a fabulous story, and sometimes I read trashy romances because I just want to read, but don't want to do a lot of thinking.
I hide certain books in my home simply because I have a curious 10 year daughter who also likes to read and I really don't need her asking me about the fantasy she read about in Nancy Friday's Men In Love or Zane's lastest novel.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

Good to see you unafraid of showing off what you read!

Thanks for stopping by my blog :-)

7:03 AM  
Blogger tNb said...

Hi Ebony, thanks for taking the time to read my post. :-) As you say, reading is reading, and reading is never something to be ashamed of!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Literary Feline said...

LOL I can understand your desire to hide certain books from your curious daughter. She'll be reading them soon enough, no doubt. :-)

7:47 PM  
Blogger alisonwonderland said...

isn't it great to enjoy a wide range of books?!

personally i like James Patterson and Janet Evanovich best for when i don't want to think.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Darla said...

My thoughts exactly! I'm not going to apologize for reading. :)

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home