Books

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
"Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life." --Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Friday, May 18, 2007

Booking Through Thursday

It happens even to the best readers from time to time… you close the cover on the book you’re reading and discover, to your horror, that there’s nothing else to read. Either there’s nothing in the house, or nothing you’re in the mood for. Just, nothing that “clicks.” What do you do?? How do you get the reading wheels turning again?

I just don't worry about it. You can only hold your breath for so long before you just know you have to take a breath. Reading to me is like breathing, I just have to do it and I can only go so long without it. I use the time to catch up on my magazines and go on-line or to the library until I find a book that catches my eye. This is also a good time to pick up "easy peasy" books that I can breeze through in a day or two, like romances or a children's books from days gone by.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

I'm big on falling back on an old favorite when I'm in a slump.

Happy BTT!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Literary Feline said...

When nothing seems to interest me in the moment, I will finally get around to some of my other hobbies or interests. Sometimes stepping away from the books is the best way to find my way back to them again. :-)

9:40 AM  
Blogger alisonwonderland said...

I occasionally find that I only want to read something compelling yet light. Usually, though, I have so many books on my TBR shelf and several "on tap" for the various book clubs I belong to that I have no problem starting the next book.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home