Books

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
"Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life." --Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Wednesday, April 23, 2003

I've made a decision to read 100 books by December 31, 2003. In years past this would be nothing, but I am now a mother with responsibilities like rent, gas and keeping my kids clothed and fed. So now reading often takes a back seat to being an adult or vegging out in front of the TV at the end of the day. I feel like my mind is slipping away from me. When I read I felt alive and as if I was not only feeding my mind, but also my soul. I miss that feeling. So I am going to read 100 books and record my progress here. Most of the books I read will not be on anyones list of the greatest books of all time, that's not the point I'm trying to make. I just want to get back into the habit. I do want to read at least 5 classics and 5 autobiographies/biographies each. I'm not including self-help, decorating, how-to, or cookbooks in my list. Wish me luck seeing how I've already lost almost 5 months for not thinking of this sooner. Damn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home